Betting on your favourite sports has never been more simple than with William Hill’s excellent mobile app. No matter where you are, or what you are doing, as long as you have a mobile signal you can place a bet and keep up to date with live in-play text commentary and statistics.
The William Hill mobile app has been a major reason behind the companies more recent success. The app offers punters the chance to use all the features and market depth that the online site has, but in a much more mobile friendly environment, making it one of the best in the industry.
Mobile Betting Offer – Claim £30 Free Bet
When you download the William Hill app to any smartphone device then you will be able to claim a free bet worth up to £30. The promotion is actually a 300% match on your opening bet off just £10 and credited in 3 x £10 bets.
Quick step by step guide
- Visit the mobile app and create an account. You can get a £40 free bet when you deposit and place your first bet of just £10
- Users of iPhone or iPad simply click this link to be taken to the William Hill app. Once in, tap the blue square with the arrow pointing up at the bottom of the app and add to home screen.
- Android users go to mobile.williamhill.com/android and click the download button.
- Open up the app for either device and log into your account to start betting right away.
- Whether you are using Android or iOS devices, click here to register your account first. This will give you access to the mobile site but it won’t download the app as such. Once you’ve registered, come back to this page to progress.
- Android users – Once you have registered your account you will need to enter mobile.willimahill.com/android into your mobile browser.
- Click the download button on that page. Then you will need to open the ‘Settings’ menu on your Android device.
- Tap the security tab and then make sure the the box next to ‘Unknown Sources’ is highlighted. This will mean that you can now download the app from third party sites, I.E. William Hill.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and click the ‘WilliamHill.APK’ file from your downloads.
- Click the install button and the app will start installing to your Android Home screen.
- iPhone Users – enter mobet.williamhill.com into your mobile browser
- Click on the blue square with the upward facing arrow at the bottom of your screen.
- Select save to home screen and enter the name of the app.
- Click done and the app will install on your home screen.
If you already have an account with William Hill then you can log in by pressing the “Log In/Register” icon in the top right hand corner of the app. Enter your username and password here to get started.
If you don’t already have an account then press the green “Register” button at the top. Enter your personal information in the required fields and tick the boxes to indicate that you accept the terms and conditions and that you are over the age of 18. You can now deposit some money into your account using your debit or credit card.
Take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with all the available sporting fixtures available to bet on. You can find “Popular Bets”, “Live In-Play”, “Featured” and “Favourites” on the app’s homepage. If you click on the “Sports” icon in the top left hand corner of the screen comprehensive list of sports will appear. Select the sports you want to bet on to find more leagues, competitions and featured fixtures. Have a look at each individual fixture for a breakdown of the different betting markets.
Once you have found the sporting fixtures you are interested in you can think about selecting the odds you want to place a bet on. To do that, simply press the odds which take your fancy. This will cause them to turn blue and you will notice that a small “1” will appear next to the Bet Slip icon in the top right hand corner. You can choose as many odds as you like and they will be added to the Bet Slip – the number corresponds to the amount of bets selected.
Go to the Bet Slip and enter a stake for each set of odds. The estimated return will appear beneath each listed bet.If you are happy with your bet selections and the stakes then you can go ahead and press the big green “Place Bet” button at the bottom of the screen.
You can now enjoy the in-play action as it happens by going to each individual fixture where you will find rolling text commentary and statistics.
Mobile specific promotions
The William Hill mobile offers a few enticing promotions which are exclusive to mobile users. But first of all mobile users are entitled to the same £25 free bet sign-up bonus as web users.
All you need to do is:
- Bet £10 or more on odds equal to or higher than 1/5 (1.2).
- Place your first bet within 7 days of registering.
- Your free bet will appear in your account matching the amount of your first bet.
- The free bet will expire within 7 days. So use it quickly and wisely!
Other promotions on the William Hill app are:
Money Back 2nd
You can get your stake back as a free bet worth up to £25 if your horse from a Channel 4 race finishes second. This only applies to the first selection per race and it will only qualify if there are 5 or more runners.
If you place an accumulator on six or more teams and you fail to win by only one result then your stake will be returned as a free bet. This only applies to 90 minute match betting but works on every team in every league. What’s more, there is no price limit to the free bet.
Goal Scorer 2nd Chance
Your stake will be refunded as a free bet if you choose a first goal scorer who scores the second goal.
Receive free bets from losing correct score and double result bets on matches that end 0-0.
- Android and equivalent tablet devices
- iPhone, iPad and iPod devices (iOS 7 and later)
- All over smartphone devices circa 2008 onwards (limited use for earlier models)
As far as mobile betting apps go, William Hill offer a very user-friendly product in their betting app. The app uses the same design motif as their website but adapts the layout perfectly for the mobile screen. It is easy to navigate and includes the same features as the website, such as in-play text commentary and statistics.
You can’t go wrong with the William Hill mobile app. As long as you have a good connection to wi-fi or roaming signals then you won’t have any problems with the speed of the app. As for usability, the app is one of the best in the market – you’re never more than a few clicks away from every sporting fixture available to bet on and it’s really easy to place a bet using the Bet Slip feature. Another bonus to the William Hill mobile app is that you can watch live streaming such as UK and Irish horse racing directly from the app.